CR2415: TJ Schwarz 2415 Tailbone Fixed Blade
Columbia River (CRKT)
It might look like a fixed blade but there's more at play. At first glance, the Tailbone fixed blade outdoor knife passes as an ordinary neck knife with a paracord-wrapped handle. But in hand, it comes to life. The machine chain handle moves for superb ergonomics but remains perfectly rigid when cutting or slicing. It’s highly usable and perfectly unexpected.
In our world biomimicry—designs inspired by the natural world—are everywhere. TJ Schwarz of Boise, Idaho borrowed the concept when he designed a fixed blade knife handle after a fish's spine. Never one to shy away from a bold new idea, TJ created the Tailbone with a simple stonewashed drop point blade and a handle that blows convention out of the water. The flexible handle moves vertically, conforming to your grip, or to your chest when it's worn as a neck knife without allowing any horizontal play. It's wrapped in paracord for improved grip with a sizeable finger hole and jimping for control. A strong, injection-molded sheath lashes easily to a pack or quickly becomes a neck knife.
The Tailbone is everything you expected and everything Mother Nature didn't.
- High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Grooves on the blade for cutting control
- Flexible machine chain handle ergonomically rests in your hand while rigid in vertical cutting
- Cord wrapped handle is highly functional and provides grip
- Thermoplastic sheath protects the blade when not in use
- Blade Length: 2.125" (53.98 mm)
- Handle Length: 4.189" (106.37 mm)
- Overall Length: 6.313" (160.35 mm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.154" (3.91 mm)
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Black Stonewash
- Handle Material: Paracord Wrap
- Sheath Material: Thermoplastic
- Weight: 2.00 oz. (56.7 g)
- Weight with Sheath: 3.00 oz. (85.05 g)
- Designer: TJ Schwarz