Federal 5.56x45mm NATO 55gr American Eagle XM193 FMJ Ammunition - 100 Round Box
For nearly a century Federal Ammunition has put its focus on manufacturing quality products with cutting edge technology. This dedication to excellence has given Federal a competitive edge as an ammunition technology giant. Today the company is well known for producing high grade centerfire, rimfire, and shotshell ammunition that shooters everywhere know and trust.
This Federal American Eagle 5.56x45mm NATO ammunition is perfect for target shooting, training, and practice. Federal American Eagle 5.56x45mm NATO is loaded with a 55 grain Full Metal Jacket bullet. These rounds consist of sealed primers which is ideal for long term storage and moisture protection. This Federal American Eagle is packaged in boxes of 100 rounds for convenient storage, transport, and loading. This Federal 5.56x45mm ammunition is manufactured in the Lake City Plant currently operated by Federal ATK. It is made to military specifications which requires the cases to be annealed. Unlike civilian production ammunition, the military requires to see evidence of the annealing on the round itself, causing the cases to appear to be discolored. This is done on purpose in order to meet the military requirement for overall strength and durability of the finished round. Federal American Eagle 5.56x45mm is new production, non-corrosive ammunition that features reloadable brass cases and boxer primers. Federal American Eagle ammo is packaged in boxes of 100 rounds and cases of 1000 rounds.
Federal American Eagle 5.56x45mm is new production, non-corrosive ammunition that features reloadable brass cases and boxer primers.
Please Note: While the 5.56x45mm NATO will fit in a .223 Remington chamber, the 5.56 is a military round that runs at higher pressures than its .223 counterpart and is not recommended to be fired in a .223 Remington chamber.
- Caliber: 5.56 mm manufactured at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant (LCAAP)
- Case: Brass (Copper Alloy No. 260)
- Bullet: 55 gr. FMJ Boat-Tail
- Primer: M41 Operating Range: (-40 degrees to +125 degrees F)
- Primer Sealant: Water resistant lacquer
- Case Mouth Sealant: Yes
- Case Knurl: No
- Headstamp: Each loaded cartridge shall be headstamped with the manufacturers symbol and year of manufacture
- Accuracy: 3-10round groups not to exceed 2.00 inch mean radius maximum average at 200 yards
- Instrumental Velocity: 3165 +/- 40 FPS (78 feet from muzzle) using a 5.56 test barrel 20 inches long
- Energy: 1223 Ft-Lbs. at 78’
- Chamber Pressure: Piezotronic maximum average per 10 rounds - 55000 PSI in 5.56 test barrel (case mouth location)
- Bullet Pull: Minimum individual 35 lbs.
- Propellant Detection: 100% mechanical/electronic detection of propellant levels within the cartridge
- Visual Inspection: 100% visual inspection of finished cartridges prior to packaging
- Quantity: 100 rounds